Fasting Progess Reports – Carol User:Carol03
REASONS FOR FASTING:
My goal is simply to achieve PERMANENT, significant and noticeable weight loss to improve my health, my appearance, the way my clothes fit and look on me , and to improve my self esteem and mood through the development of personal self discipline and self control, no matter how painful and unbearable. More specifically:
1. For Permanent adjustment of all my unhealthy and intemperate eating (GREED) eating habits to mark a permanent change to more temperate and healthy eating and lifestyle habits to last the rest of my lifetime.
2. To achieve new and Godly thinking patterns where this adjustment and permanent change is sought.
3. To create and implement a new financial plan that includes tithing, investing wisely, living comfortably within my means and becoming completely DEBT FREE of all unsecured debt within 1 year.
4. To break the cycle of fear, doubt, and constant worry of imminent doom. I have no control. God is in control.
5. To become Free of old hatred, un-forgiveness, resentments, and bitter attitudes to everyone who have hurt me, betrayed me, or caused me pain
6. To start a new habit of studying, learning and devoting myself to God’s Holy Word and making the spiritual discipline of fasting my lifelong habit and passion.
7. To look forward to fasting with welcome anticipation rather than dreadful deprivation.
INTENDED LENGTH OF FAST
FIRST NAME: Carol
SITE USER NAME: Carol03
CITY, STATE AND COUNTRY: Los Angeles, CA USA
(Just joking!) Female (Gotta have some sense of humor in life!)
HEIGHT: 5 4″
PROPOSED FASTING METHOD:
Water only. 40 days of fasting to be done in 3 day increments each week on Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday for a total of 40 days (approximately 13 weeks).
PAST FASTING EXPERIENCE:
Multiple fasting periods in the past, Most with success. The most challenging fast that I have taken in the past was a 40 day fast in 2009 where I fasted completely just on water every Tuesday and Thursday for 19 weeks. At the end of my journey, I was blessed with many miracles and had a achieved nice weight loss.
To sum it up: Eating Large Portions. Eating when I’m not hungry. Not stopping when I’m full. Intemperance.
I have fallen again. I have been terrified of getting on the scale for the past few months because of what it would reveal. But I knew that I was out of control because none of my pants will button or zip up. So I knew that the numbers would register a disaster. Well I finally mustered up the courage to hop on the beast this morning and my Lord!!!! My weight has climbed to nearly 185 pounds!!! I have never been this heavy in my life outside of pregnancy. The minute I saw the weight gauge balancing at 183 I pushed the weight bar to the left on the scale, and hopped off in shock and discouragement. But I have only myself to blame. I have been eating large portions of food with no care in the world. Just doing it perpetually and thinking that it wouldn’t catch up with me. So wrong Carol. So wrong! As God’s Word so truthfully states in the following passage: Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature[a]will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life. Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. ~ Galatians 6: 7-9
RELEVANT MEDICAL HISTORY:
PRESENT MEDICAL PROBLEMS:
Low back pain, headaches, low energy, fatigue
STATE OF MIND:
Always faithful in what God can do through me. Anxious anticipation. Somewhat impatient. Fearful of growing weary once the journey starts. Dreading the “nay sayers” and those that will be determined to discourage and speak negatively about fasting, But excited overall. Confident and Determined that I will reach my goal!
LIMITATION: No consumption of Pork or pork products