Water Fasting Tips
1. Water fasting demands mental preparation; don’t enter into day one by planning a ski trip. If you are fasting for the weekend, clear the calendar; the fast will be an event enough. During a water fast, the less pressure and responsibility you have the better. Think of it as a holiday from your normal patterns of living.
2. One week before your fast, drink fresh juices and eat mostly raw fruits and vegetables to cleanse the body so the detoxification during water fasting will be less aggressive.
3. Be careful of dizziness and blackouts. The heart is resting as much as it can during water fasting. Before you stand up, take one or two deep breaths to increase oxygenation and improve circulation. If you start to black out, sit down or crouch down on one knee. This will immediately stop the dizziness.
4. If you are juice fasting, occasionally doing a few days on water will intensify the fast and, if you have a slow metabolism, will assist with weight-loss.
5. One advantage of water fasting over juice fasting is that there is usually zero hunger on a water fast. While on juice, there is some stimulation of the digestive system and results in hunger.
6. During a water fast over 3 days, it is wise to use an enema.
By Tom Coghill of Fasting.ws Articles may be copied or reproduced as long as the back links to fasting.ws are intact and the author’s name is included.