Mercury Detoxification Treatment
Mercury Toxicity Background
Mercury is one of the most toxic metals—even more so than lead. This poison is found in out soil, water, and food supply, as well as in sewage sludge, fungicides, and pesticides. Some grains and seeds are treated with methyl mercury chlorine bleaches, which seep into the food supply. Because methyl mercury contaminates our waters, large amounts are found in fish, particularly larger ones that are further up in the food chain. Mercury is also present in a wide variety of everyday products, including cosmetics, dental fillings, fabric softeners, inks used by printers and tattooists, latex, some medications, some paints, plastics, polishes, solvents and wood preservatives.
Mercury is a cumulative poison- There is no barrier that prohibits mercury from reaching the brain cells, and it is retained in the pain center of the brain and in the central nervous system. Its presence there can prevent both the normal entry of nutrients into the cells and the removal of wastes from the cells. It can bind to immune cells, distorting them and interfering with normal immune responses. This may be one factor behind autoimmune disorders. Significant amounts of mercury in the body can produce arthritis, depression, dermatitis, dizziness, fatigue, gum disease, hair loss, insomnia, memory loss, muscle weakness, and excessive salivation. High levels can also interfere with enzyme activity, resulting in blindness and paralysis. The symptoms of mercury poisoning can mimic those of multiple sclerosis and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease). Many food and environmental allergies may be directly attributable to mercury poisoning. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has faked exposure to mercury vapor to menstrual disorders and spontaneous abortion (miscarriage) as well.
Signs that indicate the presence of toxic mercury levels include behavioral changes, depression, irritability, and. hyperactivity. People with this toxicity may also experience: allergic reactions or asthma. They may complain about a metallic taste in the mouth, and their teeth may loosen.
According to the World Health Organization, amalgam dental fillings are a prime source of mercury exposure More than 180 million Americans have mercury amalgam dental fillings. When dentists refer to “silver” fillings, there are usually referring to amalgams, which are silver in color but actually contain approximately 50 percent mercury, 25 percent silver, and 25 percent other materials, such as copper, tin, and nickel. While all the metals used in fillings can be toxic, none is as harmful as the mercury. One amalgam filling can release 3 to 17 micrograms of mercury each day. The mercury vapor released from dental amalgams combines with chemicals in the mouth to create minute amounts of toxic methyl mercury, which is absorbed through the tissues of the mouth and air passages and transported in the blood to the brain and other body tissues-Many people have suffered for years from various health problems—including candidiasis, muscle spasms, chronic fatigue, and recurring infections—that cleared up after they had their amalgam dental fillings removed.
|As directed on label, on an empty stomach.
Take with water or juice. Do not take with milk. Take with 50 mg vitamin B6 and 100 mg vitamin C for better absorption.
|Needed for sullur. Also helps detoxify harmful metals and toxins.|
|Selenium||200 mcg daily, in divided doses.||Neutralizes the effects of mercury.|
|Vitamin E||400-800 IU daily.||Works with selenium to neutralize mercury.|
|Apple pectin||As directed on label.||Aids in removing toxic metals from the body.|
|Garlic (Kyolic)||2 capsules 3 times daily.||Acts as a detoxitier.|
|Kelp or alfalfa||1,000-1,500 mg daily.||Aids the body in removing toxins.|
|Vitamin A||50.000 IU daily for 1 month, then reduce to 25,000 IU daily. If you are pregnant, do not exceed||A powerful antioxidant; destroy free radicals.|
|plus natural beta-carotene or carotenoid complex (Betatene)||10,000 IU daily. 15,000 IU daily. As directed on label.||A powerful free radical scavenger.|
|Vitamin C with rutin||4,000-10,000 mg daily.||Helps remove metals and strengthens the immune system|
|Vitamin B complex||100 mg twice daily.||Important for the functioning and protection of the brain.|
|Brewer’s yeast||As directed on label.||A good source of B vitamins.|
|4ydrochloric acid (HC1)||As directed on label.||To aid digestion. Take this supplement if you are over 40 and deficient in HC1 .|
|Lecithin granules or capsules||1 tbsp 3 times daily, before meals. 1, 200 mg 3 times daily, before meals.||Protects brain cells from mercury poisoning.|
Herbs For Mercury Detoxification Threatment
Alfalfa contains valuable nutrients and helps the body to eliminate toxins.
Recommendations For Mercury Detoxification Threatment
- Eat organically grown foods, especially beans, onions, and garlic, for added sulfur, which helps protect the body against toxic substances.
- Drink water only if it is steam-distilled. Drink plenty of pure fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
- Supplement your diet with plenty of fiber (oat bran is a good source) and pectin (found in apples).Note: Always take supplemental fiber separately from other supplements and medications.
- Eat fish in moderation, and always broil it; do not baste it in its juices. While some fish may contain mercury, fish also contains compounds called alkylglycerols, which help to remove mercury from the body. If there is mercury in the fish, it is primarily stored in the fat. By broiling the fish and draining the Juices, you will get rid of much of the fat and retain the beneficial alkylglycerols.
- If you suspect mercury toxicity, have a hair analysis performed. This can detect toxic levels of mercury. Mercury does not show up in urine or blood samples. See hair analysis in Part Three.
- Do not rush to have amalgam dental fillings removed -Lntil you have tests done that show elevated levels of mercury. Removal of the fillings should be tried only after other measures, such as the program outlined in this section, have been tried.
Considerations on Mercury Detoxification Threatment
- J Chelation therapy removes toxic metals from the body.
- Hal A. Huggins, D.D.S., has done extensive research on die toxic effects of mercury from dental amalgams. He has found links between mercury toxicity and many debilitating and degenerative diseases/ including multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, arthiritis pus. Dr. Huggins has written an informative book describing ing the dangers of dental amalgams called It’s Head
- In response to concern about the health mercury amalgam fillings, the Swedish govevernment has taken steps to ban their use.
- High mercury levels have been linked candidiasis.