Questions on Starting A Fast
Weight: 135 lbs.
Female, in relatively fair health but with some organ issues
Type of Fast: 10 day juice
Reason: Detox!/cellular integrity and Organ Healing
I am on Day 6 of this fast and am having difficulty concentrating. I am supplementing E, C, Zinc, Bs, B12 and spirulina. I am in college in a speedy summer term so I need to be able to do my work but I am just having so much trouble concentrating! I also don’t need to lose any weight, but am very concerned about detoxing my body. I am giving myself water enemas daily. I feel weak, however, and hungry. I keep thinking about juice, for the sugar energy. I think my spleen is weak, as are my adrenals and thyroid function. Maybe I am not a good candidate for fasting? A Chinese medical practitioner would say I should be building, not fasting. How effective is a mere 10 day juice fast, I wonder?
My mind is starting to try to convince me that being able to focus is more important than fasting. But I wonder if that’s just my preferred excuse to duck the fast (Do note that I’ve always had trouble focusing, but now it is exacerbated due to fasting).
I read somewhere that those with adrenal fatigue can still fast. Right??
Should everyone on a ten-day juice fast be able to continue their normal activities?
Other than this main issue, I have three general questions:
1) Do I need to add salt to my juice to maintain electrolyte balance?
2)Can I supplement oils (omega/flaxseed etc) to my other vitamin suppls, or do those ones in particular require digestion and stunt the fast?
3) What is the right juice combination for those with candida?
Thanks much to any and all advice and replies!
Answer by Tom Coghill
I could not make this a progress report as you did not give enough info like your name or user name.
1. Those with adrenal fatigue can still fast. Yes
2. Should everyone on a ten-day juice fast be able to continue their normal activities? Yes
1) Do I need to add salt to my juice to maintain electrolyte balance? Yes, you can ad sea salt but juices are filled with electrolytes.
2) Can I supplement oils (omega/flaxseed etc) to my other vitamin suppls, or do those ones in particular require digestion and stunt the fast? Flax oil is beneficial during juice fasting.
3) What is the right juice combination for those with candida? For candida, use lemon, celery, cucumber, parsley, garlic, ginger and take probiotics daily.